Friday, July 18, 2008

Two Weeks Away!

I can hardly believe that in two weeks I will be in Peru (specifically Chincha, south of Lima).  PERU!  It has gone from several months to 14 days in the blink of an eye.  I am officially in the "antsy" phase before I travel.  I am a details person when we do some major travel.  I like all my tickets and such in a certain portfolio, all my toiletries bought and packed (I LOVE mini tubes of toothpaste, mini lotions, mini everything!), and typically have an extensive list of what needs to be packed and how.  Really.  I can get a little neurotic about this - but I also love it.  I like thinking that I'll be prepared for anything.  This is never the case with missions trips.  My last trip to Kentucky my deodorant cracked open on the second day and smashed all over the floor - and it was about 90 degrees and 90 percent humidity.  And wouldn't you know it, one of the students on the trip packed an extra stick of the exact same kind I use.  Fancy that.  It all comes down to the fact that I will never be prepared for this trip and everything that will happen, but it is fantastic knowing that God will be completely prepared and can cover all our mishaps.  When you get a moment here and there, I would appreciate any prayers you can send heavenward - not only for my own experience, but also for the whole team and the Peruvian people that we hope to help a bit.  Here is a website that has some more information about what we hope to accomplish.

1 comment:

Angie said...

What an awesome opportunity! You'll be pasting through Lurin on the road south (by the Pachamac ruins)that was where I was able to work at the LaCrosse Diocesean orphanage Casa Hogar Juan Pablo II. Will you be able to do any other traveling while there or just serving? It is an amazing country with a tough history and a beautiful people!