Sunday, January 4, 2009

Not Quite Swag Bars

Today's recipe comes from the January/ February issue of Cooking Light.  Seriously.  It is a recipe that they "made over," trying to make it lighter than the original.  Well, they really just made them smaller.  Pretty silly makeover, if you ask me, but a stinkin' addicting recipe.  And honestly, I didn't have some of the ingredients, so I threw some other things in, and they came out peanut buttery, chewy, crunchy, and downright yummy.  Here is the link for the Swag Bars recipe I started with.  It called for Total cereal flakes, which I didn't have, so I used rice krispies.  It called for 1 1/2 cups of peanuts, but I only had a cup, so I added in a half cup of chopped cashews.  It called for (a paltry) 2 ounces of chocolate to drizzle over the top.  I went up to 4 ounces, and that was just enough to add a very thin layer over the top of the bars.  Definitely not excessive.  Well, except when you eat four of them.

No comments: