Friday, January 9, 2009

Caramel Spice Cake (PLUS)

Today's recipe is a very homey, warm, comforting, granny-esque type of cake.  And I totally changed the name from the original (here) because I actually took it somewhere and didn't want people scared off by it.  Oh, and you know they would be - people don't actually rush forward when you say, "Oh this, just a little prune cake I whipped up."  But when  you rename it to "Caramel Spice Cake," that evokes a slightly more positive response.  Well, whatever you call it, it was very well received and really quite delicious.  I didn't boil the caramel topping quite as long as I should have (because it was getting late) but it was still sweet and yummy, and of course, good for your innards!

1 comment:

Jenn King said...

Call it whatever you want. I call it yummy!