Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bread and Blankets

Today I went up to Wausau and met up with my mom, Aunt Ruth, cousin Laura, friend Katie, friend Shelley and her daughter Morgan for what we coined "Bread & Blankets."  For a fun project, Shelley thought of making tied fleece blankets to donate to one of the local hospitals' maternity wards (do they still call them that, or do they now have fancy names like "Happy New Birth Center?") where she works.  Each of us brought enough fleece to make a blanket or two, and then I also brought bread dough to bake bread while we worked.  We had a great time admiring the fabrics others brought, laying them out, cutting the sides and tying the edges to make cozy, soft blankets. In all we made nine blankets to donate, ate the whole loaf of bread, and are looking forward to doing this again soon!  If you are interested in doing something similar with your friends, let me know and I can connect you with Shelley!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Neat!! I love the blankets. We received one upon Katie's birth and LOVE it! Great for cold winters.