Friday, December 5, 2008

Step Away from the Cookies...

So I was feeling pretty crummy yesterday.  And the sick 11-year-old kid in me wanted to curl up on the couch with a blanket and watch movies.  As in, watch movies I watched when I was 11.  So while Justin cued up two that I ADORED when I was younger - The Little Mermaid & The Lion King- I produced a batch of these little darlings.  These browned butter brown sugar shortbread cookies are eye-brow raising good.  They're cookies that won't make it as the centerfold of a cookbook - but it will be on the page that is splattered with butter and flour and crusted with sugar. 
Eventually I got to do just what that little girl in me wanted - to lay on the couch with a big blanket, nibble on something sweet, and watch what I wanted (and yes, I still know all the words to all the songs!).

1 comment:

Angie said...

I know those songs by heart too!