Monday, December 1, 2008

A Small, but Tall, Cake

Two new recipes to try today - one for the cake, and the other for the frosting.  Both = Fantastic.  I was asked to make a dessert for tomorrow evening's Welcome to Woodlands social, and decided to try another cake recipe out of Sky High: Irresistible Triple Layer Cakes.  I first made a half batch of the Vanilla Buttermilk batter and made cupcakes to take to small group tonight.  Then I proceeded to make the full recipe with three 8-inch cake pans.  I also have been wanting to try this recipe for Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, and if Joy says it's the best, I'm willing to give it a shot.  I first made one batch for the cupcakes.  And because it was so stinkin' good, I made another batch to frost the cake.  Don't you love the little waves?!  Just take a spoon and, with the back of it, pat the cake to form little spikes.  I know I would definitely feel welcomed after a piece of this cake!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Yummy looking chocolate cake! Goodness.
If you're the Julie who won over at Cookie Madness, I picked yours! :) It was fun. Enjoy your chocolate!
My husband won't string up lights.