Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I've got the Whole World...

In celebration of both Earth Day and my Aunt Ruth's birthday, she requested cake pops to take to her office. These came out even better than expected. I also tried some new candy melts, Merkens brand from Confectionery House (which also sells ridiculously cool cupcake wrappers). In addition to the candy coating; I also bought paramount crystals which help thin out the melted candy, making it easier to dip the cake balls. This combination (the new melts and crystals) seemed to be easier to work with than my previous endeavors with Wilton brand melts and shortening, though there wasn't much difference in the end result.
So whether it is your birthday, or you are just trying not to destroy the earth, Enjoy the day!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Wow, Julie! They look awesome!! Aunt Ruth had to be tickled pink! What a special treat.