Thursday, April 2, 2009

Cheep!

So today's baking experiment was to attempt to copy these ridiculously cute cake pops by Bakerella. Miraculously, I was able to find all the necessary components within Stevens Point - mainly the candy sprinkles to use for the feet and beak and wings. So this afternoon I set to the task before me. I had made a cake and some frosting ahead of time, so all I had left was all the putzy things. Forming and freezing the cake balls, melting the candy discs, inserting the lollipop stick and dipping the balls (NO - that's NOT what she said!), then attaching the feet, beaks and wings, and finally drawing on two little eyes. And hooray! They actually came pretty close! They are crazy cute and tasty to boot! Madie showed no mercy to this little chick...

1 comment:

Aunt Ruth said...

Oh my goodness! Could you be my mommy and make these for me to take to work for my birthday treat!!!?? They are so cute.