Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Today's Project

I recently got a cookie decorating book called Cookie Craft.  Some of the pictures of the cookies are pretty incredible.  Today Justin asked if we could make and decorate cookies like in the book.  As nothing else was on the agenda during the day, I agreed to go along.  I made the sugar cookie dough from the book (which is wonderful) and Justin choose the cookie cutters - a train, a motorcycle, a rocket, a cat, a man, a plane, a turkey, a dinosaur, and a reindeer.  I rolled out the dough, and Justin cut out the shapes.  After a run to Michael's to get a few supplies we came back and I made the Royal Icing and mixed together a number of different colors.  Then Trav, Justin and I sat down at the table among cookies, tubes of icing, and sprinkles and sugars.  And proceeded to create some very silly-looking cookies.  Trav's standout was Mooning Man, Justin had a dinosaur wearing lipstick, and I made a pretty good tye-dyed turkey.  And of course, the last cookie got as much icing and decorations as humanly possible.  Which Travis ate immediately after this photo was taken.  All in all, it was a fun day and  fun project, though NONE of the cookies looked like the ones in the book!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am ridiculously jealous - I reaaallly want that book! I put it in my gift ideas awhile back, we'll see if anything comes of it. In the meanwhile maybe I'll just drool on yours...