Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Stuffed PAST the Gills!

Oh. My. Goodness. I think I will be full for the next week and a half. Justin surprised me with tickets to Christian's Bistro's Fat Tuesday celebration this evening, with friends Jim & Jenn. We had such a good time eating, laughing, eating, taking pictures, eating, being silly, and eating again. Servers continually were bringing out plates of New Orleans-inspired wonderfulness. Crab fish pocket pies, jambalaya, etouffee, hush puppies, crab boulettes, smoked sausage meatballs in a parmesan cream sauce, flatbread pizza, plus, my all-time favorite - Parmesan potato chips with truffle oil. Over the top, Off the hook Fantastic. Great food and great friends definitely equal a great birthday gift!

3 comments:

Angie said...

What a treat!! It sounds absolutely delicious (and on a fasting day of all days ;-))Oh, and Happy Birthday Julie!

Mission Writer said...

Sounds like a blast!

Travis said...

I'm noticing that Justin is wearing beads. Did he have to, you know, show his boobs?