Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Paprika Cheddar Biscuits

Looking for an easily portioned, super fast, super yummy bread-type item to go with your bowl of chili, cheesy pasta, or for breakfast?  These biscuits definitely fit the bill.  The batch mixes up in minutes and they don't even have to be rolled out and cut - just drop them onto cookie sheets and bake.  I used a 1/4 cup cookie/ice cream disher for mine, scooped the dough onto the sheet pan and then froze them solid, about 30 minutes.  I then kept a few out for us to have with dinner, and sealed the rest into a zip-top freezer bag.  When you are ready to have fresh biscuits, just take the frozen lumps of dough, set them on a sheet pan, and bake them for about 20 minutes - perfect, fresh, warm biscuits, without any work!  I followed the recipe exactly, except for the fact that I didn't have any smoked sweet paprika - I just used regular sweet paprika, and they turned out wonderfully!

No comments: