Saturday, September 20, 2008

And the winner is...

What do you all think?  


This little building is downtown Stevens Point, on Second Street facing the Farmer's Market.  I think we have jumped through all the hoops (financing, inspections, our offer has been accepted, etc), and if all continues to go smoothly we'll close and officially own it on October 1st.  We would work on the interior a bit, installing a commercial kitchen, and would hope to have it up and running next spring/summer.  
The winner of the naming contest is my cousin Allison, with her entry of "A Dash of Delicious."  With an honorable mention going to Jenn King with Decadent Desserts, as we would use that in the "subtitle."  Thank you so much for all your ideas and suggestions - crazy funny and serious alike!!  
We'll be sure to keep you posted with any developments as they happen! 
(And please pray for us!)

4 comments:

Mission Writer said...

I like it! When I read it, it didn't do much for me, but seeing it on the sign like that - it looks great!!
And the subtitle (or whatever you call it) is great, too!

Angie said...

Excellent! Congrats on your latest endevors! I'll be tickled to at least drive by the next time I'm in town. The sign looks great did you design it yourself? I can't what to see it once up and running!

Anonymous said...

whoa! lots has happened since I last visited your blog! How exciting! Is it really official? Is that a real sign or photoshop? I would definitely be an "everyday craving" kind of customer - EVERY DAY! - in addition to a "special occasion" customer. Wish I lived closer....

Dg2.5 said...

sounds great - though the more I thought about it I think I should have suggested "Sweet Cup 'N Cakes Land"... but I'm thinking there would be copyright issues from Home Star Runner ;)