Friday, October 31, 2008

Ghoulies and Ghosties and ... Warm Woolen Mittens?

I really enjoy Halloween.  I love handing out candy to the kids running down the block, seeing what they are dressed up as, hearing their parents encourage them to say "thank you!"  I like putting up a few fun decorations and carving pumpkins.  This year, it was a beautiful and warm day, and I spent a good part of it on the front step working on the pumpkins (when I wasn't chasing our cats back inside the house)!  But it did get pretty nippy outside when the sun went down, and there were a number of jackets over costumes and gloved hands.  The smartest "Wisconsin" costumes were the furry Tigers, Poohs, and a few monkeys that had hoods and mittens as part of the costume.  I think we had about 125-150 pieces of candy, and we ran out at about 7:15, so definitely a good showing!

No comments: